National Cyber Security Awareness Month
Let’s be clear about one thing, cyber security is probably, or should be, the second or third concern on your list of life’s most important things. Right behind family and job. Believe it or not you could lose both if you don’t practice good cyber security. No that’s not a joke!
On Tech Street of proud to be part of this years cyber security awareness program. This years theme is “Own It. Secure it. Protect it.”
“The line between our online and offline lives is indistinguishable. In these tech-fueled times, our homes, societal well-being, economic prosperity and nation’s security are impacted by the internet.“
Under the overarching theme of ‘Own IT. Secure IT. Protect IT.’, the 16th annual National Cybersecurity Awareness Month (NCSAM) is focused on encouraging personal accountability and proactive behavior in security best practices, digital privacy and draw attention to careers in cybersecurity. NCSAM 2019 will address the following online safety messages and identify opportunities for behavioral change:
- Own IT.
- Never Click and Tell: staying safe on social media
- Update Privacy Settings
- Keep Tabs on Your Apps: best practices for device applications
- Secure IT.
- Shake Up Your Passphrase Protocol: create strong, unique passphrases
- Double Your Login Protection: turn on multi-factor authentication
- Shop Safe Online
- Play Hard To Get With Strangers: how to spot and avoid phish
- Protect IT.
- If You Connect, You Must Protect: updating to the latest security software, web browser and operating systems
- Stay Protected While Connected: Wi-Fi safety
- If You Collect It, Protect It: keeping customer/consumer data and information safe
In the coming month OnTechStreet will be featuring articles and information from the NACSAM and StaySafeOnline.org. Please take the time this month to become more cyber secure and aware. Yes, your life may depend on it.