App of the Week – ManDown
Nothing is more terrifying than being alone and suddenly needing emergency help. Thats why ManDown is the App of the Week.
Smartphones are now part of outlives. And with a smartphone and the ManDown app you are never alone. The ManDown app alerts family, friends or colleagues automatically if you have an emergency even if you are unconscious. The app send out emergency notifications via text, phone or email.
The ManDown app monitors your movements and can be set for minutes or hours up to 24 hours. If the user does not move for a set amount of time a pre-alarm warning will activate. If the phone is not moved your smartphone go into a full alarm mode. In the full alarm mode the phone sends out a local, audible alarm. The phone also sends out a text, email and phone call to selected emergency contacts. That message will also provide your GPS location.
Many elderly people enjoy an independent life. But with age comes hazards and sometimes this can have family members worried. Falls in the home is a major cause of injury to the elderly. ManDown can help ease the worry of family members.
But ManDown is useful for many people including;
- Fire and police first responders.
- Military personnel.
- Workers in potentially hazardous situations.
- People who work alone such as postal workers, utility workers, security guards and convenience store clerks.
- Physically or developmentally handicapped people living alone.
- People with health conditions
- College Students
- Caregivers and baby sitters
- Hikers , campers and and people who enjoy activities in remote locations.
Unlike other personal emergency alert monitors ManDown has no monthly fees. The app also has a SOS button the user can activate when in need and when activated constantly monitors the users GPS location.